Wednesday, April 07, 2010

An Occasional Update


I have spent so much time shooting, I have had no time to update my feeds or blogs. My photog class demands so much time this semester; what is left goes to my Comp 2 class. Both classes have portfolios due next week. Are we there yet?

I had a photog essay assignment due this week; write about a photog who inspired you, blah, blah, blah. This is the shot I created as an interpretation of the product shots the photographer I emulated produced.
Frankly, I'm not sure I actually fulfilled the assignment but I like the way the shot turned out anyway considering I do not have studio space. The original inspiration can be found here at Davis Photographic.

Yes, these are the same boots I use as props for the jewelry display on occasion.


To prove the point, a shot of the photog working, taken from the reflection of a glass block wall.

For the most part, I will be off this summer. I am ready for a break, having decided not to take summer classes this year for the first time in three years. Then I thought better of it and signed up for one class just to preserve momentum. I have an agenda for the summer; put my jack loom back together and weave something worthy of use in my studio apartment. Decide how much I love wire jewelry and either commit to it or not. Clean out my closet and donate the clothes I never wear to charity.

I am planning one road trip but may end up making two. I will either be an independent vendor during Art Walk this summer or volunteer to help out. Seems like I just filled my agenda but not really. Art Walk is once per month, class will probably be three mornings per week. Cleaning out my closet has already started. The rest of my summer will be divided between weaving, wire jewelry and the camera.

None of that will happen if I do not get these portfolios done, so back to work I go.

0 comments: